Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Ray Ban Needs to Learn a Lesson from Neiman Marcus!


Two Thumbs Up Neiman Marcus! 

I am angry.

Today, I attempted to do some online shopping. I soon realized that a number of online retailers make it quite difficult for consumers to find the origin of the products they sell. How hard is it to add where a product was manufactured to the item’s description.

For instance, I was searching for a new pair of sunglasses. I found my way to Ray-Ban.com. One would thing that Ray Ban, the manufacturer of the most iconic American eyewear, would clearly label the origin of a pair of aviators. No. Instead, I spent 20 minutes searching for a place of origin for the glasses. I got frustrated and quit. On the upside, I saved myself a $150.00.

I was pleasantly surprised when I visited Dallas based retailer Neiman Marcus’ website. The retailer includes the item’s origin in the bullet-pointed item description. As an added bonus, the first two pairs of leggings I clicked on were made in the USA.   Ironically, Neiman Marcus clearly labeled the origin of the Ray Ban aviators I was looking at on the Ray-Ban site. In case you were wondering, the glasses are made in Italy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment