Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Another Day, Another Label-Less Catalogue


Don't Make Us Go In The Store to Figure Out Where Your Stuff Comes From.


Today, in my mailbox I found the latest CB2 catalogue. For those of you not in the know, CB2 is Crate and Barrel’s younger cousin. I was a smidge disappointed when I realized the catalogue did not list a country of origin for its productsAfter doing a little research, I learned a thing or two about Crate & Barrel. A husband and wife in Chicago opened the first Crate & Barrel. They went directly to Europe to buy good to sell in their Chicago shop.


As it turns out, Crate & Barrel doesn’t even manufacture its own goods. However, I still think it wouldn’t hurt to put a country of origin in the catalogue. It doesn’t take a lot of space, and I am confident consumers would appreciate it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment