Thursday, January 20, 2011

Proudly Made in Mexico...


The SRX (Proudly Made in Mexico) 


I don’t recall a time during my childhood that at least one of my parents didn’t drive a Cadillac. I remember hearing, “Why buy a Mercedes when you can buy American.”
Fast-forward 20 years.

General Motors, the manufacturer of Cadillac is manufacturing its SRX Luxury Crossover in Mexico. To make matters worse, General Motors allowing consumers to believe that the vehicle was made domestically.

Imagine you are at an auto show. You are walking and see the Cadillac booth. Someone asks you, “Where is this SRX manufactured?”  The odds are, you are going to respond, “In America.” Not the case. The SRX is a product of Mexico.

However, the GM people mislead consumers into believing the SRX is made in America. They do this by taking the Country of Origin stickers off their display cars.
If you ask me, that’s pretty messed up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment