Tuesday, January 25, 2011

False Advertising: Lucky Brand Jeans


The Shorts Advertised Above Were Made Abroad

The Made in the USA Foundation filed suit with the Federal Trade Commission against Lucky Brand Jeans. According to papers filed with the FTC, Lucky Brand Denim manufactures its products abroad.  However, denim manufacturer advertises its products as “All American.”   This is illegal.
The complaint states:
1.     Products that are made in the U.S.A. are not required by law to include a country of origin designation.
2.     Consumers reasonably believe that the Lucky Brand Jeans that they are purchasing are made in the United States.
3.     Consumers paid more for the Lucky Brand Jeans than “made in Mexico” jeans are worth because they believed that the jeans were made in the United States.
If you have fallen victim to Lucky Brand Denim’s false advertising please contact the FTC at http://www.ftc.gov/ftc/contact.shtm

2 comments:

  1. I got two pairs of USA-made lucky brand jeans for christmas early 2000s. I didn't know at the time that they were expensive/designer (they weren't ones with pre-tears etc.), so I wore them to work (on a farm) for nearly 6 years. I just liked the "lucky you" on the zipper and the fact that they were insanely comfortable. They were the most durable jeans I've ever owned and were the only two that survived my time there, basically doubling the life of other jeans.

    They fell apart some years after at another job, but I've always wanted to replace them with something as good. They also gave me the lasting impression that I should again get a pair of American jeans, and support American textiles... because they are that much better. I was recently shopping and saw a pair of them on sale for $40 and freaked out (I've only seen them for $100+) so I instantly bought them... even though they felt different and looked lower quality. I thought we've been through a recession so USA clothing probably has had to cut back.

    Well, alas... made in China.

    The ONLY reason I bought these is because I thought they were made in USA, I thought thats what Lucky Brand's slogan was. Urghhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. denim pants manufacturers
    One of the leading Jeans Manufacturers of the world

    ReplyDelete